No-Bake Strawberry Protein PiePrep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Total Time: 45 mins Servings: 12
I simply LOVE summertime desserts built around fresh strawberries!
Probably since I grew up in Northern Washington state where strawberry fields were scattered across the valley. The month of June was fresh strawberry picking month, and the sweet aroma of warm, ripe strawberries was unavoidable. Whipped cream, sugar biscuits, fresh sliced strawberries and vanilla ice cream served up in a bowl and eaten outside in the summer air are what my summer dreams are made of.
Now I don’t enjoy refined sugar as I did as a kid. The downside of eating empty, sugary calories outweighs the delight of the flavor, and so for quite a while, I stopped enjoying strawberry desserts.
That’s why I’m so excited about this recipe! It contains the fresh strawberries that I crave, a salty cookie crust, and creamy, whipped filling. It tastes even better than the sugary desserts I inhaled as a kid.
I got a little crazy when creating this No-Bake Strawberry Protein Pie...and put 2 full cups of Strawberries and Cream Whey Protein Powder in the whipped filling! This creates a dessert that is truly filled with lean muscle supporting protein - not like those “protein” recipes that only call for a few Tablespoons of protein powder. Each of the ingredients in this pie work FOR your fitness results.
And MOST IMPORTANTLY this pie tastes BOMB! I know it’s a complete winner when my kids ask for more (the kid-taste-test is foolproof!) and this pie vanished within an hour of being made ;)
The quality and flavor of the protein powder used in this recipe makes or breaks it. The ONLY protein powder that I endorse or would ever put in one of my recipes is from TRULEAN Nutrition.
- Diana Keuilian
Keywords: Dessert, Protein, Pie, Healthy, Strawberry, No Bake
For the Filling
- 2 ¼ cups almond milk
- ¼ cup ground chia seeds
- 2 cups TRULEAN Strawberries & Cream Premium Whey Protein Powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 9 oz tub Cocowhip (like cool whip in freezer section)
For the Cookie Crust
- 1 ½ cups raw pecans, toasted in a dry skillet
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup Swerve Confectioners Style
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted over low heat
- 1 cup ripe strawberries, sliced
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until fully combined.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a food processor. Blend until a soft dough forms. Press the crust into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Pour the filling over the crust and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Garnish your No-Bake Strawberry Protein Pie with fresh sliced strawberries. Keep in the freezer until you are ready to serve and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||30%|
|Saturated Fat g||0%|
|Trans Fat g|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs: